Sunday, December 18, 2011

Doggonit!

HCG works - it really does. I've seen and experienced the results.

Even with my half-assed HCG dieting.

And were I not so emotionally intertwined with my fooooooods - I don't think I'd be starting this post. But I am. And I am.

I can't hack it guys. I want to - but it is as do-able for me as wearing pants again. (Ryan and I tried it on a giggly night in a dressing room - it was bad. I'm not sure about her, but I'll never forget the image of Laura in a pair of jeans after wearing skirts for 18 months straight.)

The clincher for me was when I realized that I wasn't happy with how quickly I was losing weight and I was choosing to eat poorly knowing full-well the consequences. Nay - welcoming the consequences. I thought to myself (a lot) - "If I can't eat what ______ is eating - then I'll just be the fat girl. Being fat tastes better anyway."

Does that sound like a statement a NON-mentally-obese-even-if-physically-maybe-not-so-much-but-definitely-not-well-balanced-when-it-comes-to-Poptarts person would make?

I didn't think so.

I've gone back to weekly therapy sessions to deal with my dependency on food. I'll let you know how that goes. I think I may need a lifetime membership to my dear Doctor's club of crazies. Seems the more I dig, the more globs of slimy goo I find within myself.

I hope that whatever brought you to my blog has been enough to either inspire or entertain. It might get ugly if you hang around. Well. Uglier. So I understand if you decide to unbookmark me. (Is that like unfriending on Facebook? Because - I just giggle when I think of the words the year 2011 has taught me.)

If you're into some mentally twisted stuff (No whips. Just whipped cream.) then you're welcome to stick around. See what unfolds. Or what falls off. You never know.

I'm toying with the idea of taking HCG while I follow Weight Watchers. There are quite a few "rogue" HCG dieters. Who take HCG drops or pellets or shots and then just let it do its thing - all the while eating whatever plan they have set for themselves. No danish Tuesday. Extra pork chops Thursday. Spin in a circle while you eat your cheesecake. Say ten hail Mary's while you alternate shots of tabasco and cod liver oil (This one I actually think might have some merit to it.).

I'd never given the rogue idea much consideration - thinking that if I was going to commit myself to a daily needle I had to do it the right way. But along this journey of self-discovery - I have determined that I've never been one to do things the right way.

And that, my HCG-lovin'/HCG-hatin' Laura-lovin'/Laura-hatin' random-Googlin'/Blog-readin' friends, is my confession for the day.

I like to think of this blog as my totally inappropriate journal - that I'd never share with anyone.

Only - I've published it on the interwebs.